Give – Share – Watch – Wear
May 1, 2018
With the D.O.G. getting closer (Tuesday, May 1, 2018), you may be wondering how you can get ready to celebrate and show off your Pointer pride. There are many ways for you to take part. As we like to say, you can – GIVE, SHARE, WATCH and WEAR!
- Give your time! Volunteer at a Day of Service and if you’re on campus be in the DUC Concourse at 12:05 p.m. on May 1 sporting your purple and gold under the Then, Now & Forever banner to be a part of the 2018 #PointerPride campus selfie!
- Give to the Cupboard and drop off a donation of food.
- Give a gift to support our students. Any amount is appreciated and can leverage further matching gifts during the D.O.G. – any gift made, of any size, on May 1 counts as a D.O.G. gift!
- Share posts from our many social media sites about the Day of Giving (using #UWSPGivesBack) and RSVP to the Facebook event. (Hint: It’s even better if you invite your friends to follow the pages so they can join in the fun, too.)
- Share your love of caffeine and our community! Buy the UWSP specialty drink at Emy J’s and they will donate a dollar to the D.O.G. Scholarship Fund. You’ll be caffeinated and our students will benefit.
- Share your Pointer Pride and participate in the online challenges.
- Watch exclusive content released all day long on the Watch tab on May 1.
- Watch the episode of Coffee with Alumni & Friends that talks all about the Day of Giving!
- Watch as Pointers turn social media feeds Purple and Gold on May 1 using #UWSPGivesBack.
- Buy a D.O.G. T-shirt from the university store (all proceeds go to student scholarships).
- Dress up in your finest Pointer gear and take a selfie! Remind your friends to join in the fun so you can see who among you has the most Pointer spirit. For selfies tagged on social media with #UWSPGivesBack a dollar will be donated to the D.O.G. Scholarship Fund.
- Wear your heart on your sleeve and participate in the UWSP D.O.G. to show UWSP students, both now and those to come, your #PointerPride.
There is strength in numbers. Together is the best way we can make a difference. #UWSPGivesBack