Nearly $145,000 was raised on the 2018 D.O.G.!
Thank you for the most successful D.O.G. to date!
- Nearly $145,000 was raised on the 2018 Day of Giving! More than triple the amount raised in previous years.
- More than half of the money raised on the Day of Giving will directly support student scholarships.
- Nearly 250 individual gifts were made, ranging from $5 to $10,000. The two largest gifts made that day, of $10,000 each, were made by an emeritus faculty member and the other from a UWSP Foundation Board member.
- There were 7 matching gifts to support different Power Hours and to issue challenges throughout the day and one gift, by Bob and Mary Berard, which matched every gift throughout the day – with their funding going towards recruitment and retention scholarships.
- More than 300 selfies were posted for the #UWSPGivesBack Selfie challenge, resulting in over $300 for scholarships.
- The UWSP Bookstore sold nearly 50 D.O.G. t-shirts, the proceeds of which will go to support student scholarships.
- The Stevens Point community also joined the activities. Emy J’s Coffee House and Café created specialty drinks to support UW-Stevens Point scholarships.
- Our UWSP alumni chapters arranged for 11 Days of Service, held across the country, to honor this year’s D.O.G. and to show the world how Pointers Give Back. Each chapter chose a special charity in their community to serve as a group. There were river clean-ups, food pantry packages assembled, etc.
- UWSP Parking Services joined in the #UWSPGIVESBACK excitement, providing an opportunity for students, faculty and staff to have campus parking tickets forgiven for a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Cupboard. Their generosity led to a donation of a full, rolling bin of food to the Cupboard and a lot of smiling faces of those who were able to help themselves and hungry students.
There is strength in numbers. Join us next year to keep the tradition going on Tuesday, May 7, 2019. #UWSPGivesBack